Tuesday, 7 April 2015

A Long Absence

As you will have seen it has been very quiet here. A while back my life was turned completely upside down in that I spent my time caring for my terminally ill father until he sadly passed away.  There has been a lot to sort out since and it left very little time for creating and I certainly didn't feel like blogging.

Time is a healer and so is creating. Things are getting back on track in my creative world, more of which to come later in other posts. 

This was the first thing I made whilst awol from this blog. It is a travel journal. 

Front
Back

I always like to take a journal with me when I go away and this one is made from just a cheap 6 x 4 photo album. The pocket inserts are perfect for journaling cards. The inspiration for this came from Kasia Kryzminska's Tag Extravaganza on Live with Prima
I used the same Prima colour bloom sprays, stencil and 3D gel. Firstly I stamped all over some white tissue paper with stamps by Ali Edwards and Kasia herself, and adhered it to the photo album with gel medium.

Next I used the Bubbles stencil and 3D gel in certain areas so that the words and some of the pattern would not be covered up with the gesso and colour bloom sprays. When dry the piece was completely gessoed and the raised gel areas cleaned with baby wipes for the stamping to still show through.
Then came the sprays and again cleaning up with baby wipes. Project finished.

Will be back with more posts.


No comments:

Post a Comment