Tuesday, 14 April 2015

DLP weeks 5 - 8

I am enjoying the weekly prompts for the Documented Life Project. Here are some more of my pages

Week 5
Art Challenge: Under Paper
Journal Prompt: What Lies Beneath
For this I discovered the importance of underpaper and what fun can be had. For my background I adhered ink covered kitchen towel giving texture to the pages. I stamped circle and square stitch stamps from Prima onto newspaper I had used as underpaper and cut them out. Used Prima Ingvild Bolme Add Butterfly Wings stamp for my butterflies. Added Viva Decor Inka Gold  to the raised parts of my background texture to finish.

Week 6
February Theme: Layers You Will Love
Art Challenege: When Not To Stop
Journal Prompt: "Don't Stop Til You Get Enough!" (Ooh)

This was such a fun page to do. Firstly adhered pieces of torn up scrapbooking paper and french book paper. Covered in white gesso, except for some of the book text which I covered with clear gesso. Using 13arts sprays in various yellows and pinks sprayed my background. Added more spraying with stencils, again using 13arts sprays. Stamped with various stamps by Kasia Krzyminska using Smokey Grey and Onyx Black Versafine Ink. More stencilling with white paint and finally white pearl splashes of ink. The title says it all.

Week 7
Art Challenge: Cover Up Good Stuff
Journal Prompt: Goint Underground
Back in September I joined the Limor Webber MMCC. She did this technique using heavy bodied white paint. For this project I wanted to see how it would look using black gesso. I like how it turned out. I also varied it in that instead of using stencils I used stamps from Don't Forget to Fly by Finnabair. The background was one hot mess of acrylic inks, different types of paints, stencils, doodles, mark making, but a whole lot of fun.

Week 8
Art Challenge: Repeating Elements
Journal Prompt: It's Worth Repeating
A quick one this week. Sprayed with Art Anthology Peacock Feathers, Dylusions Vibrant Turquoise, 13arts Pastel Turquoise. Used 3 of the new Finnabair stencils repeating the colour of Peacock Feathers with Distress Ink and Distress Paint and ghosting with the Dylusions spray. Stamped with Peacock Feathers using a stamp from Tea on the Deck by Finnabair. From the Now is the Right Time set stamped the lady twice on tissue paper and a third on journal paper, colouring the heart with Festive Berries distress ink. Repeated the now is the right time with the stamp on the left side of the page. I had received my order of all things Finnabair, played with some on them on this project.

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment