Saturday, 11 April 2015

Documented Life Project 2015

I discovered Art to the 5th through Dyan Reaveley's blog at the end of last year. Dyan had put a link on her blog as Art5 would be using the Dylusions art journal for their 2015 Documented Life Project. I've not been one for art journalling before, but I liked Art5 and their website so bought the large Dylusions journal to participate in the challenges. Oh and it is free.

DLP started on the 1st January and every Saturday thereafter a new challenge would be posted.  Each month would have a theme, for January it was The Blank Page and How to Face It. Each weekly DLP would have an Art Challenge and a Journal Prompt. For the first challenge this was Book Paper and the prompt was Be your own Goal Keeper.

Week 1
I covered the journal pages with different book papers and also the numbers 2, 0, 1 and 5. Used sprays by Lindys Stamp Gang, 13arts, Shimmerz and Art Anthology; neocolors and Salty Ocean distress ink

Week 2
Art Challenge: Gesso
Journal Prompt : "The beginning is always today" - Mary Shelley

For this I used three types of gessos. White gesso for my background, black gesso for stencilling and clear gesso mixed with Luminarte Primary Elements. Using the clear gesso and primary elements as paint I coloured a piece of scrap paper, stamped on it several dandelion clocks and cut them out. The journal prompt became my title.

Week 3
Art Challenge: The Colour Wheel
Journal Prompt: "I found I could say things with colour and shapes I couldn't say 
any other way..." - Georgia O'Keeffe
The left side of the page is black and white acrylic paint I smooshed together with my fingers. For the right side I went with the colours of the rainbow. First painting the background with a bright, sunny yellow acrylic paint and used different stencil shapes with Lumiere Burnt Orange, Violet and Indigo, Silks Pretty Peridot, Art Anthology Sorbet Viridian and Lindys Stamp Gang Magicals Rhododdendron Red Rose for the other colours. For my title I used Spectrum Noir Bright and Beautiful watercolour set, the letters were cut out using my Big Shot.

Week 4
Art Challenge: Writing
Journal Prompt: Words with Friends

I wrote across the double page spread, sprayed with Dylusions ink, brayered on some gesso (which takes up the colour of the Dylusions underneath) and stamped on some blank book pages with Kaisercraft stamps.

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment