Wednesday, 6 May 2015


It has been a very busy time since my last blog post. Here is a little catch up of some previous pieces.

February was a time for making three cards. Unfortunately I only remembered to take photos of two of the cards I made. First off is a Valentine's card for my DH :

For the background I used die-cuts and a Tim Holtz stencil. Gessoed everything and then sprayed with various Art Anthology sprays and water. On a piece of watercolour paper I sprayed Art Anthology Heart spray and stamped on top using stamps from Punky Romance Rubber stamp sheet by Chocolate Baroque. The card was finished with some Prima Art Ingredients Glass Beads and splashes of black ink before mounting it onto black cardstock.

The second card isn't really a card as you will see. It was for another gentleman in my life and I wanted to make something special as it was for his 90th birthday.

I was pleased at how this turned out. Originally the card started life as a picture frame that I had picked up from the local charity shop. I covered it with french book paper, gesso, white crackle paste and 13arts microspheres. I left it to dry naturally overnight as I had spread the crackle paste thick in some places. To decorate the card I used bits and sprays left from the Flying Unicorn May 2014 Kit of the Month. First I sprayed the frame with Lindy's Stamp Gang Bouganvillea Fuchsia, Cajun Carnillan Red, Cocoa Bean Copper from the kit, plus Screamin Banshee Black. The black spray has a beautiful blue shimmer to it.

Where the picture had been I covered that with a piece of paper from Prima's Cartographer, lightly gessoed and added white crackle paste through a Dylusions stencil. I used the same sprays for colouring

I then decorated the card with mainly pieces from the May 2014 Kit and other little bits in my stash. I had a lot of fun with this and the recipient was delighted with his card.

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment